I just finished the first semester of my Master of Music degree at Ithaca College! Over the winter break I’m focusing on…
- practicing zen buddhism
- a Sesshin at the Zen center
- daily personal sits
- practicing violin
- Saint Saens’s Violin Concerto
- Shnittke’s Violin Sonata No. 1
- Bach’s Violin Sonata No. 2
- writing a thesis on the principles of Zen evident in Suzuki’s methods
- revising my Annotated Bibliography
- drafting an independent study proposal
- preparing for comprehensive exams (history 1600-1800 and theory 1)
- journaling my experience via writing
These are my priorities. I say no to: social media, watching TV, marketing, taking on new projects, non-paid gigs, eating non-whole, vegan food, and working after 5:30 pm.
As my activities or priorities change, I will update this page. Updated December 16, 2017. Inspired by Derek Sivers.