Who am I? Who am I? Who am I?
2017 allowed me, time and time again, to change my answer to this question.
- I started the year a coffee drinker — and ended it a tea enthusiast.
- I started the year a housing cooperative resident — and finished it a food-coop worker.
- I started the year teaching 20 elementary aged students — and ended it teaching none.
- I started the year a girlfriend — and finished it as an equal part of an open, honest relationship.
- I started the year a senior — and finished it a graduate student.
- I started the year with only a casual interest in zen — and ended it with a seven day sesshin.
- I started the year a Texan — and finished it a New Yorker (though I couldn’t resist retreating back to Texas for this sub-zero winter!).
So much has happened in one year! And, of course, who I am has changed every step of the way. [Read more…]